It probably didn’t take us humans very long to discover that certain plants and fungi, when we interacted with them or ingested them- would cause strange effects. Sometimes terrifying, sometimes prophetic, often exhilarating- Drugs and our dalliances with them have intrigued and enthralled us for longer than we’ve been recording history. Many would say that these substances and spirituality are intrinsically linked in many ways. Of course, Magicians and Witches have utilized this to great effect as well. It goes without saying, WMiT? had to bring on someone who can elucidate our fascination with Drugs and Magic like no other- The Reverend Danny Nemu.
Note- There were some audio problems with recording this episode. As much as I tried to edit around them, I still hope that your enjoyment of the episode does not suffer as a consequence. Those pops aren’t your speakers or headphones either.
Danny Nemu is active in many realms (some of them even on earth). He has published two books- Science Revealed as well as Neuro-Apocalypse. Both of these books I adore and are without doubt worth picking up. Danny is also the Founder of RAIN– Regenerative Agroforestry Impact Network, which is doing the good that they know- Boosting Biodiversity, Working with Indigenous Communities, Regenerating Ecosystems and much more. Please support Danny in this endeavour, as he is doing crucial and noble work with RAIN. Click on the handsome chap below to find out more!
- Nemu’s End – Danny’s home on the internet
- The Reverend Danny Nemu – Give Danny a Follow on Twitter
- Getting High with the Most High: Entheogens in the Old Testament – Article
- Getting High with the Most High: Drugs in the Bible – Wonderful Presentation
- Prejudice and Neo-colonialism in the Academic study of Ayahuasca
- Psychedelic Christianity – Danny on Santo Daime
- Hypnosis and the Occult – Note from Danny- this includes a hypnotic induction and spirit animals – sit comfortable somewhere you won’t be disturbed and take a deep breath
- Triangle of Art Induction – Hypnosis and Goetia. Relax, it’s great
- Danny on Aeon Byte Podcast
- Talking Psychedelics in Culture on Rune Soup
- Talking Plant Spirits, Scientism and Colonialism on Rune Soup
- Drugs in the Bible and the Shamanic Origins of Christianity
- Savantism and Hotboxing the Tabernacle
- Danny Nemu and the Neuro-Apocalypse
- And then Came the Virus – Danny’s 3-Part article on Medium about Coronavirus
- We Three Kings of Orient are… Drug Runners. And not Kings
- Give us this day our daily dose: Ergot, LSD and the Israelites
- How the High Priests Got High
- Psychedelic Synergies in the Bible: How Ancient Shamans and Priests Combined Plants to Get High
- Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind by Graham Hancock – In my mind, this is Graham’s finest work and a classic
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers by Richard Evans Schultes
- Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge by Terrence McKenna – What else needs to be said about this book? Stone-cold classic
- Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World by Paul Stamets – If you want to learn about Mushrooms, Paul is the #1 authority, hands down
- What Psychoactive Drugs Were Used in Ancient Egypt
- Blue Lotus
- The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion with No Name by Brian C. Muraresku
- The Psychedelic Origin of Christianity
- Flying Ointments
- Bane Folk – Poison as Medicine
- Humphry Davy had a way with Nitrous Oxide
- The Atmosphere of Heaven by Mike Jay
- Aleister Crowley on Drugs
- How and Why to Do Mushrooms – Rune Soup
- Entangled Life: How Fungi Make Our Worlds, Change Our Minds, & Shape Our Futures by Merlin Sheldrake
- Santo Daime
- Shamans through Time by Jeremy Narby
- The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley
- Psychedelic Prophets: The Letters of Aldous Huxley and Humphrey Osmond – Great Book
- DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman
- Terence McKenna’s True Hallucinations – Documentary
- Magnificent Visions
- The Psychedelic Salon
Title Art by Parablev
4 thoughts on “Drugs & Magic with Danny Nemu”
Wow. I’ll have to listen to this another couple of times to get my head around it all. I’ll offer that I had my head down on the dog walk, searching for magic mushrooms while listening to this episode.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Walking dogs and picking mushrooms sounds like the ideal time to listen to the show! Lucky!
LikeLiked by 1 person
FantasticAlly layered conversation—Interesting to see what the chaos magician’s perspective on animistic shamanism is; I wonder what maestro would make of magick.
Going to have to dig deeper about the feminine/masculine dichotomies within the elements of magick/ceremony, Goetic invocations vs. evocations, etc.
Thanks guys 🙏
LikeLiked by 2 people
Anytime! Glad to hear you enjoyed!
LikeLiked by 1 person