If you dismiss the humanities, you dismiss the prophets among you...
Perhaps no other contemporary figure’s ideas are brought up more in WMiT? than Dr. Jeffrey Kripal. His work is the stuff which fuels much of my thinking about the paranormal, the supernatural and extraordinary experience. Always with a comparative eye, Dr. Kripal not only looks into the past and the present, but also has his gaze fixed on the future; on what could be awaiting us if we only allow ourselves to tell each other the stories of what we experience.
My esteemed guest for this episode is the associate Dean of the school of Humanities and hold the J. Newton Rayzor chair in Philosophy and Religious Thought at Rice University in Houston Texas. He is the Associate Director of the Center for Theory and Research at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, where he also serves as Chair of the Board. He is also the author of several books, many of which are required reading.
- Books by Dr. Jeffrey Kripal – Without a doubt, many of these books are well worth your time.
- Dr. Kripal at TEDxHouston
- Dr. Kripal talks about ‘The Flip’ at the Pacifica Graduate Institute
- The Rise of the Paranormal with Jeffrey Kripal
- A New Vision of the Unexplained – New Thinking Allowed with Jeffrey Mishlove
- The Erotic and Esoteric in Religion – New Thinking Allowed with Jeffrey Mishlove
- The Flip: Recalibrating Humanities & Sciences Around Extraordinary Experience – Trans-States
- Giving Voice to the Impossible – Podcast Appearance on Spiritual Illuminations
- Dr. Kripal’s amazing appearances on Rune Soup Podcast can be found Here, Here and Here
- The Queerness of it All
- Interview with Reading Religion
- My Episode about The Two-Way Mirror
- ‘The Flip’ is now on Audiobook! Have a listen