We’ve all seen the movies and recognize the tropes- Swinging Pocket Watch, eyes rolling back into the head, “You are Getting verrrrrryyyy Sleeeeeeepy…” And yet, Hypnosis is so much more than what most of us are lead to believe. From helping to deal with certain anxieties, breaking habits and even pain relief- Hypnosis seems to be a still little understood but extremely amazing condition. Taking us through the wonders of Hypnosis are two of my favourite former guests- Lance Baker and Devin Person!
Lance Baker is a Hypnotist, Energy Healer and Reiki Master based in Maitland, Australia. He runs the healing Clinic Branches of Healing. A born healer, Lance has much to offer those who are suffering Physical and emotional pain. He also has his own Podcast Akasha Talks with Lance Baker as well as a fantastic YouTube channel where he goes through lots of Hypnosis techniques!
Devin Person is The Wizard! A Wizard with many hats- A Hypnotist, Podcaster, DJ and so much more. His Podcast This Podcast is a Ritual, is a delight in every way. He has recently set up Change your Mind where he can help you in many ways via Hypnosis. You can support his work and Wizardly Life via Patreon, as well as check out all that Devin does through his Linktr.ee by clicking the pic below.
As mentioned by Lance in the episode, be sure to check out his presentations on Self-Hypnosis right here, as well as get a Free pass to this year’s Hypno Summit from December 13-18!
- Avicenna – You should probably know who this fella is
- Franz Anton Mesmer
- The Wizard from Vienna: Franz Anton Mesmer by Vincent Buranelli – I read this years ago. Probably a bit dated
- Amand-Marie-Jacques de Chastenet, Marquis of Puységur – This is the fellow that both Lance and Devin gushed about. Extremely fascinating figure
- James Esdaile
- A History of Hypnotism by Alan Gauld – Pretty good history here
- From Mesmer to Freud: Magnetic Sleep and the Roots of Psychological Healing by Adam Crabtree – This book came highly recommended by Lance
- Swedenborg, Mesmer, & the Mind/Body Connection: The Roots of Complementary Medicine by John S. Haller
- The History of Hypnosis Documentary series
- The Power of Hypnosis
- What is Ericksonian Hypnosis? Definition & History
- Milton H. Erikson Foundation
- Experiencing Hypnosis: Therapeutic Approaches to Altered States by Milton Erikson
- Hypnotherapy by Dave Elman
- Is Hypnosis Fake? TED video from Alex Nerenberg – Pretty amazing example of Stage Hypnosis
- Hypnosis: The day my mind was ‘possessed’
- Mesmerizing: The fantastical history, mysterious healing power and emergent neuroscience of hypnosis
- Spirit Possession and the Origins of Christianity by Stevan Davies – Interesting chapter in here relating Jesus’ Parable with Eriksonian Hypnosis
- Clinical Hypnotherapy by Leslie M LeCron & David B Cheek
- Internal Family Systems
- The New Master Course in Hypnotism by Harry Arons
- Anomalous experiences during deep hypnosis
- ESP under hypnosis: The role of induction instructions and personality characteristics
- Sinister Forces Trilogy by Peter Levenda – Must read trilogy in my opinion
- Hypnosis & The CIA’s Psychedelic Interrogation
- Hypnotist George Estabrooks admits creating multiple personality assassins
- Monsters and Magical Sticks: There’s No Such Thing as Hypnosis? by Stephen Heller & Terry Steele – Read this ages ago as Robert Anton Wilson did the introduction to this book. It’s an… Interesting read
- Scrying and Hypnosis?
- Heart of Glass – A great film by Werner Herzog in which almost all of the actors were hypnotized before shooting their scenes. A truly great film by a truly great filmmaker
6 thoughts on “Hypnosis with Lance Baker & Devin Person”
Thanks for inviting me on to have a fun chat, I always love talking people’s ears off about hypnosis
LikeLiked by 1 person
As always, it was an absolute joy having you on the show!
Lance’s self hypnosis links are not there when I click the link. Are they no longer active?
Thank you, I learned a lot from this episode!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hmm. I just tried and it seemed to work fine for me. They might have regional restrictions where you are located, Patricia. I hope not.
Are you able to try the link on a different browser, perhaps?
Thank you, kindly, Douglas. Worked in a different browser!
Happy New Year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh good! Happy New Year as well! So glad you enjoyed the show! 😊