Sit Down. Shut up. Follow the Breath. Over the last 40 years, there has been quite a bit of scientific inquiry into the benefits of a technique that is utilized by many cultures and religions around the world. Science aside, Meditation is often one of the first things that an occult aspirant is directed to do. On this episode of WMiT? Doug and Avaah discuss, with a focus on Meditation within the Western Esoteric Tradition.
To Listen to the Episode CLICK HERE to open another Tab.
- The History and Origin of Meditation
- Plotinus’ The Enneads
- My favourite Corpus Hermeticum Translation
- Abraham Abulafia Meditation Techniques
- Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola
- Teresa of Avila
- 20 Scientific Reasons to Start Meditating Today
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Problem with Mindfulness
- Can Meditation really make the World a Better Place?
- Nassim Taleb Quote – Apologies, he didn’t tweet this. A Bot tweeted his quote. Still, the replies are pretty funny.
- The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic by Israel Regardie
- Christian Theosophy
- David Shoemaker – Living Thelema
- Wider Inclusions? Charles Fort? What is Doug talking about!?
- Jason Louv
- Jason Miller – The Sorcerer’s Secrets is a very good Book
- Shinzen Young – For the Meat and Potatoes get his Audio Series
- Tao: The Watercourse Way by Alan Watts
- Six Ways: Approaches & Entries for Practical Magic by Aidan Wachter – One of the best books I suggest for somebody interested in stepping into the Temple of Magic
- Josephine McCarthy and her wonderful series Quareia
- Visual Magick by Jan Fries
- Undoing Yourself by Christopher Hyatt
- Israel Regardie Books – He touches on Meditation in most of these
- Inner Guide Meditation by Edwin Steinbrecher
- Insight Timer – Pretty much the only Meditation app I’d suggest
- Liminal Dreaming by Jennifer Dumpert – Jumping the gun but eventually I’ll go through Hypnagogia
- Magister Officiorum by Julio Cesar Ody – Starting Solomonic Magic off on the right foot
Avaah’s Show Notes
- Follow Avaah on Instagram!
- The Kybalion by The Three Initiates
- Huge Collection of Material from Alan Watts
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- PowerThoughts Meditation Club
- Kenneth Soares
- William Mistele
- David Coleman
- Rawn Clark
With special Thanks to Semiotic Stochastic for the Pre-Show Quid Pro Quo!