Something which touches every person on this planet is illness; at some point each and every one of us will get sick. How we heal and what medicines we use has changed drastically throughout the ages. Things which would have meant certain death a hundred years ago, are dealt with somewhat simply now. So what is one to do if they get sick and they also do not buy into a fully materialist paradigm? To discuss we are joined by someone who has recently endured a healing journey and is sharing how it went and how they utilized magic in their healing- Ivy Bromius!
Ivy Bromius is a Project Management professional, an animist witch, a Tarot reader and a teacher. Her recent health journey going through and ultimately surviving cancer has been made available in the MUST READ Cancer Grimoire. Always eloquent, Ivy’s appearances on Podcasts are definitely worth checking out as well. An active member of the Rune Soup community which helped her and her healing, Ivy would be delighted to help you learn how to be agile in both your life and your Magic! To see everything that Ivy gets up to at Circle Thrice– click below!
- The Greatest Benefit to Mankind: A Medical History of Humanity by Roy Porter – Thanks to Dan Lowe for recommending this amazing book
- Ancient Medicine by Vivian Nutton
- The Untold History of Healing: Plant Lore and Medicinal Magic from the Stone Age to Present by Wolf-Dieter Storl – love this book
- Paracelsus! Guy was a bit of a phenomenon. Awesome fella
- Distilling Knowledge: Alchemy, Chemistry, and the Scientific Revolution by Bruce T. Moran
- Women Healers of the Middle Ages – Thanks to Carly for sharing this article
- Medicine, Magic and Religion by W. H. R. Rivers
- Meditation, Prayer and Spiritual Healing: The Evidence
- Elisabeth Targ
- Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber – This is the awesome book Ivy mentioned Check it out!
- Doxorubicin – The Red Dragon!
- Medical Nihilism by Jacob Stegenga – A video in which Jacob goes through some of his points as well as a fair review of his book – I think that this is a very important book
- What is Life – Must read Essay
- The Problem of Ritual Efficacy – This is a very interesting book which looks at the idea of Rituals be they medical, magical and otherwise
- Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies That Heal by Rosalee de la Foret
- The Science Delusion by Rupert Sheldrake – The Chapter on Medicine is worth reading
- The Power of Eight: Harnessing the Miraculous Energies of a Small Group to Heal Others, Your Life, and the World by Lynne McTaggart
- Homeopathic Medicine at Home: Natural Remedies for Everyday Ailments and Injuries by Maeismund B. Panos
- There is No Scientific Case for Homeopathy: The Debate is Over
- The Rise and Fall of Modern Medicine by James Le Fanu – Introduction
- Rockefeller Medicine Men: Medicine and Capitalism in America by E. Richard Brown – The rather stark reality of how our Western Medical systems were crafted
- The Real Wealth of Nations: Creating a Caring Economics by Riane Eisler – What if those who cared for others, earned more?
- The Human Genome is Full of Viruses
- The Human Virome: The Trillions of Viruses keeping you alive
- Medicine, Religion, and Magic in Early Stuart England: Richard Napier’s Medical Practice by Ofer Hadass
Once again- We are not medical professionals in any way, shape, or form. The opinions expressed in this episode reflect the mindscape of only those who shared them and should not be construed as medical advice in any way.