Welcome to the Fools Gallery! Our first resident is Carl Jung. For many, such words as Archetype, Collective Unconscious, Introvert and Extrovert are perhaps all they know about The Hexenmeister of Zurich. But Jung lived a life absolutely awash in the occult and was certainly a mystic (although he would never say so). My guest Daniel joins me for an overview of Jung’s life, ideas and the many instances when things got downright weird for Carl. The longest episode so far on What Magic is This? but if it had to be for anyone, it absolutely had to be for Carl Jung
- Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl Jung – Absolutely essential book. Read this before anything.
- Jung The Mystic by Gary Lachman – My favourite biography.
- Introducing Jung by Maggie Hyde & Michael McGuinness – A great place to find a summary of his ideas & life.
- Liber Novus or The Red Book – Google this to see some of his paintings
- What are the Archetypes?
- Matter of Heart – Jung Documentary
- Septem Sermones by Carl Jung
- The Portable Jung – Edited by Joseph Campbell
- Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung, Joseph L. Henderson, Aniela Jaffé, Jolande Jacobi, John Freeman, Marie-Louis von Franz
- Jordan Peterson on Jung – Too many videos like this to post but a simple search in Youtube will bring up many more
- Jordan Peterson on Archetypes
- Speaking of Jung – Great podcast hosted by Laura London featuring Jungian Analysts
- Face to Face – BBC interview with Carl Jung two years before he passed away