‘How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! Everybody has an image in their mind of the Devil. What he means, what he represents, where he is now. Though the Devil exists in many cultures differently, Christianity seems to have a monopoly on the Devil and his handiwork. Yet up until the 12th Century, the Devil was seen as a somewhat small part of Christianity. This changed dramatically and the Devil became God’s awesome opponent, the Church warning people that they should reject the Devil and all of his works. A topic that goes to the heart of the Occult, Doug and MJ go through the Devil and his details.
To Listen to the Episode Click Here to open in another Tab
- The Devil: A New Biography by Philip C. Almond
- To Reign in Hell
- Satan, Archangel Lucifer, the Devil, Demon Characteristics
- How the Serpent Became Satan – Look, I know, Lucifer and the Devil isn’t mentioned as the Serpent. Shooting Gallery, okay? I use the term Devil/Lucifer interchangeably
- Understanding the Book of Revelation
- How Did Evil Evolve, and why did it Persist?
- Devil Pacts Debunked – Glitch Bottle Podcast
- Darkness Visible – Milton’s Paradise Lost – Although not mentioned in the Podcast, Milton’s work is awesome.
- Flip through some Dante? You know you wanna.
- The Vision of Hell – Dante
- The Gnostic Demiurge
- The Changing Face of Satan
- The Great Plague – Pretty good Doc
- Pope Innocent VIII – Interesting Character
- The Conundrum of the Workshops – Rudyard Kipling Poem
- Theophilus of Adana
- In Our Time – Faust
- Lucifer: Princeps by Peter Grey – Fantastic Work
- The Organization of Pandemonium
- Baphomet– You’ve all seen this fella
- The Trickster & the Paranormal by George P. Hansen – Required reading everybody!
- The Dangerous Illusion of American ‘Good’ versus Islamic ‘Evil’
- The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom – To get an idea of where Howard is coming from, have a look here and here. Remember, don’t buy all of it. Judge for yourself. Also, let it be known that I do not subscribe to all of Howard’s views. Like all of us, he’s complicated.
- Straw Dogs by John Gray – Audio interview as well. But if you go down this road, promise me you’ll also read Caretakers of the Cosmos by Gary Lachman. Swear to Me!
- The Good, The Bad, The Funny by Adamai Philotunus. Video about the Threefold model
- The Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov – Perhaps the greatest novel ever written? It has my vote.
- The Exorcist – Re:View
- Hieronymus Bosch, for Whom the Devil Was always in the Details
- La Genie du Mal – Damn, I love this Sculpture
- Gordon White has some things to say about ‘Old Scratch.’ Get his books
- The True Grimoire by Jake Stratton-Kent. Astaroth and Lucifer
- Finally! A Marx Brothers Movie! Duck Soup. I could watch this every day. Perhaps a chaser for the video below?
That Video. You have been warned. Where is the Evil? How?