In the last 30 years, a shining example of the delicious mix of Magic and Creativity within comic books has been exemplified by the creature that is Grant Morrison. It seems like every superhero that you can bring to mind has been touched in some way by Morrison. And yet, besides bringing forward the modern mythology of the caped warriors that set off so many cash registers across the globe, Morrison has been a Magician for many years, and has shared their Magic in many ways not just through the combination of pictures and words. It’s all things Grant Morrison in this episode!
- Grant has their own Website with updates as well as a Twitter and Instagram account!
- Grant recently started a Substack called Xanaduum
- Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods – A very good Documentary about GM
- Never Find Time by The Mixers – Grant is on Guitar
- The Invisibles Omnibus – All of it
- The Revolutionary Power of The Invisibles
- 5 Ways The Invisibles Has Aged Well (& 5 Ways It Hasn’t)
- The November 1995 Invisibles Sigil Wank!
- Barbelith.com – The Bomb
- The Language of “Thought” of The Invisibles
- Grant Morrison’s appearance at DisinfoCon – This is what single-handedly started it all for me
- Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human by Grant Morrison
- Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art by Scott McLoud – Myself and Larry both Highly Recommend this one
- Pop Magic! by Grant Morrison from Disinfo’s Book of Lies
- Grant Morrison Talks Magic at the Omega Institute
- Reclaiming Magick! Grant Morrison and Douglas Rushkoff at Team Human
- Chaos Magic: Fracking the Spirit World
- The Reason Why Alan Moore Doesn’t Like Grant Morrison – A Story in 7 Parts!
- An Introduction to The Narrative Hypersigil
- A great example of how you can set up your own Hypersigil and get it working for you is through Aidan Wachter’s wonderful book Weaving Fate: Hypersigils, Changing The Past, & Telling True Lies
- An Evening with Grant Morrison and Gerard Way
- Joe Shuster Way – A road shaped like the Superman Crest in Toronto
3 thoughts on “The Magic Mind of Grant Morrison”
I’m just finishing this episode on Morrison and I was wondering if there’s a way I could get in contact with your guest on this one.
If so, could you send him my email?
LikeLiked by 1 person
For sure! I’ve passed on your email!