Through the ages, many branches of esoteric thought have spoken of a Perennial Philosophy; an original wisdom from which all wisdom comes. For many, Ancient Egypt was seen as the place where a certain current and way of being with the world manifested itself to accomplish great things. One early 20th century Alchemist, René Schwaller de Lubicz thought that he knew what this was. After having spent years in Egypt and looking at their ancient structures and symbols, felt that he understood that the Ancient Egyptians saw and thought with the world in a very different way; that they saw into the inside of everything- An Intelligence of the Heart. Joining WMiT? to talk about it is the scholar of esotericism, Aaron Cheak PhD!
Aaron Cheak PhD a scholar of comparative religion, philosophy, and esotericism. Former president of the International Jean Gebser Society, he received his doctorate in Religious Studies from the University of Queensland in 2011 for his work on French Hermetic philosopher, René Schwaller de Lubicz. He presently runs Rubedo Press, an absolute font of Alchemical and Esoteric works! For all that Aaron gets up to, click the pic!
- Aaron’s Page dedicated to R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz – Please read ALL of the writings Aaron has about de Lubicz. They are awesome!
- Al-Kemi: Hermetic, Occult, Political, and Private Aspects of R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz by André VandenBroeck – A pretty decent biography of de Lubicz
- The Books of René Schwaller de Lubicz – Although a bit of tough reading, some of his work such as Nature Word and Esotericism & Symbol are fantastic
- Intelligence of the Heart from de Lubicz’s Esotericism & Symbol
- The Sign and the Symbolique: Participative Epistemologies from Bergson to Schwaller de Lubicz
- Rene Schwaller de Lubicz and the Intelligence of the Heart by Gary Lachman – Must Read
- Gary Lachman is very eloquent about de Lubicz’s ideas. His books The Secret Teachers of the Western World and The Quest for Hermes Trismegistus are excellent
- René Schwaller de Lubicz made his own set of Egyptian Tarot/Oracle cards
- Herni Bergson’s Intuition
- Mind at Large
- The Master & His Emissary by Iain McGilchrist – A very important book
- The Divided Brain – Short but wonderful animation of Iain McGilchrist’s Brain Hemispherics
- The Mystery of the Cathedrals by Fulcanelli – Full text translated into english
- Temples of Ancient Egypt by Lanny Bell
- Ibn Arabi
- Fourth Way
- Jacob Böhme
- Jean Gebser
- Unraveling the Origins of Ayahuasca
- Thus Spoke the Plant by Monica Gagliano
- The Secret Teachings of Plants: The Intelligence of the Heart in the Direct Perception of Nature by Stephen Harrod Buhner
Huge Thanks to Michael Lux on helping facilitate this episode and make it happen!