Consciousness is pretty much everything. Everything that you’ve apprehended in your life is due to being able to have conscious experience. But why is it that perhaps the most fundamental ability in our life is so hard to pin down? Why are we Conscious? Where is Consciousness? How did we become Conscious? What do we do with it now? Is it evolving? All of these questions are brought up with my guest Zoi in the latest (and most chaotic) episode of What Magic is This?
To Listen to the Episode CLICK HERE to open in another Tab
Note- Apparently I like to use the word conscious instead of the word consciousness. I’ve been noticing that I do this quite often not just in this episode. Hopefully going forward I’ll be a little more conscious of how I talk.
- What if Consciousness comes first?
- No Materialist Theory of Consciousness is Plausible
- How is Consciousness Related to the Brain?
- Secrets of the Mind – Can Science explain Consciousness?
- Being Conscious
- Hard Problem of Consciousness
- The Conscious Mind by David Chalmers
- Mind-Body Problem
- There’s no such thing as Consciousness
- Leading Theory of Consciousness rocked by Oddball study
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman
- Where is my Mind? – Excellent new Podcast from Mark Gober. Definitely worth a Listen
- Does Consciousness Exist outside of the Brain?
- Why it’s simpler to believe everything is Conscious
- Idealism – Bernardo Kastrup
- Stoned Ape Hypothesis
- The Bicameral Mind Explained!
- A Pangeaic Idea of Emerging Consciousness
- Owen Barfield
- The Rainbow
- Saving the Appearances by Owen Barfield
- A Secret History of Consciousness by Gary Lachman
- The Caretakers of the Cosmos: Living Responsibly in an Unfinished World by Gary Lachman – If you listen to this podcast, you absolutely must read this book. No excuses.
- If Consciousness is Evolving, Why Aren’t Things Getting Better? Article by Gary Lachman
- Everything You Need to Know About Animism– By Sarah Anne Lawless