We all have them. Each time we go to sleep, something odd occurs. While our eyes may be closed and we are certainly unconscious- it is almost as if our brain is awake. At this point, we are in the Dream Realm. Through the generations, each culture has attached certain functions to dreaming. Yet with all of our knowledge, there still is no consensus as to the purpose of dreams. Countless theories exist, but one of them is certainly incorrect- That dreams themselves are basically insignificant. On this episode of What Magic is This? I am joined by seasoned Oneironaut Marlin to discuss perhaps the most beautiful natural gift we have.
- 7 Theories on why We Dream
- Why Do some people always remember their Dreams, while others almost never do?
- The Stubborn Scientist unraveled a Mystery of the Night
- What Do animals Dream about?
- Animals have complex Dreams
- Dreaming Octopus?
- Excerpts from the Oneirocritica
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman
- The Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud
- Sue Llewellyn
- Such Stuff as Dreams are Made On? by Sue Llewellyn – Please read this theory. It’s amazing!
- The Art of Memory by Frances Yates
- Are Dreams Predictions? by Sue Llewellyn
- Wormholes, Freud, and Jacob the Dreamer – From Eric Wargo’s site The Nightshirt (one of the greatest blogs in existence)
- Time Loops by Eric Wargo – This is a must read book! One of the most profound reading experiences I’ve ever had. Seriously, you must read it.
- An Experiment With Time – J. W. Dunne
- The Night My Number Came Up
- Victor Goddard – Interesting chap
- Hebdomeros by Giorgio De Chirico
- Somnium by Steve Moore
- Oxford Book of 20th Century English Verse – Picked by Philip Larkin – Perhaps the greatest collection of Poetry (to me at least)
- The Dream Machine
- Finally! A bit of a treat! I got my Memory Theatre example from an episode of The Day the Universe Changed. James Burke is my Hero, without a doubt. Find this series, it is astonishing.
One thought on “Dreams”