No doubt, UFOs and Aliens would be familiar to every listener of this Podcast. The mysterious and downright terrifying entities we call Aliens as well as their supposed activities here on earth are beyond notorious, indeed they are part of our culture and have been for the last 70 years. And yet, almost every aspect of Aliens and their apparent abductions has an antecedent in the folklore of Fairies. In fact, many are saying that the phenomena of UFOs and Aliens are just a modern interpretation of a somewhat spiritual experience that is intrinsically human somehow. Helping us tread into these murky waters is a someone who knows them well- author and musician Joshua Cutchin.
Joshua Cutchin is an Author as well as classically trained Musician. His books deal with Forteana, High Strangeness, Cryptids and so much more. He is also a musician with a tonne of accomplishments with his prowess on the monster of an instrument that is the Tuba. His upcoming book will be dealing with Fairies and their representation on the silver screen. Joshua has also appeared on many other podcasts, so be sure to check those out. For all things Joshua Cutchin, click the pick below!
Josh’s Book Ecology of Souls: A New Mythology of Death & The Paranormal is one of the most stunning and erudite books I have ever read. It is not often when one reads a work that they know they will reference for a long time, perhaps the rest of their life. This is such a book. If you are in any way interested in the things that I am, you must own this book and read it. Available in Two Volumes as a Paperback Vol I & Vol II or in one big eBook, Joshua also has a companion book which can be purchased but is also available for free to download on his website as an eBook.
This is an important work.
It deserves your attention.
Also! Joshua will be attending Jeffrey Kripal’s Archives of the Impossible this spring. Be sure to register so that you can attend the Webinar between Josh and Jeff on May 3rd 2023!
- Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers by Jacques Vallée – A vastly important work that anyone interested in Fairies, UFOs/Aliens or both- NEEDS TO READ!
- Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallée – Not as influential but in my opinion, equally important. Highly Recommended
- Thieves in the Night: A Brief History of Supernatural Child Abductions by Joshua Cutchin – Another amazing work from Joshua, this also needs to be read if this realm is interesting to you
- Where the Footprints End: High Strangeness and the Bigfoot Phenomenon Volume 1 – Folklore by Joshua Cutchin & Timothy Renner – Chapter Three deals with Fairies
- The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hansen – An incredibly important work. Must Read stuff here, so much so that I did a whole Patreon episode on it
- Jacques Vallée is pretty much one of the most important and influential human beings of the last 100 years. If you don’t know of him, time to familiarize yourself
- John Keel – Very important figure. Will most likely be discussed on WMiT? in greater detail further up the road
- Whitley Strieber – Another very important individual
- The Super Natural: A New Vision of the Unexplained by Whitley Strieber & Jeffrey Kripal – Must read
- Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld by Patrick Harpur – Incredible book
- Between One Eye Blink and the Next: Fairies, UFOs, and Problems of Knowledge by Peter M. Rojcewicz
- Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind by Graham Hancock – I think this is Graham’s best work and well worth reading. Also titled as Visionary
- The Babalon Working – Some Occultists like to point to this as the reason we have UFOs and Aliens since the mid 1940s. Interesting to think about at the very least
- British Fairy Origins by Lewis Spence – Fairies and the Dead as discussed in the episode
- From Sun Worship to Alien Apocalypse: Theosophy and its UFO Legacy
- Theosophy – The Men From Other Planets
- Alien Abduction in 1572?
- Native Americans, Archaeologists & The Mounds by Barbara Mann
- C. G. Jung – Flying Saucers A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky
- Other Worlds: Spirituality and the Search for Invisible Dimensions by Christopher White
- Alien demonology: The Christian roots of the malevolent extraterrestrial in UFO religions and abduction spiritualities
- Our Wild Kosmos! An Exo studies exploration of the Ontological status of non-human intelligences
- Paul Devereux
- Katla – The Netflix series Josh was talking about
- Aimé Michel – His theory of Orthoteny influenced Jacques Vallée in a way
- Life on Other Planets – Swedenborg Foundation
- Rupert Sheldrake – You should know this fellow
- Dean Radin – And this one too
- Kenneth Ring
- John E. Mack
- UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery by Richard Dolan
- Remember when I said there were lots of Podcasts about UFOs and Aliens? Take your Pick
- James Shelby Downard – His influence snakes its way through North American culture in a way that should be talked about more. Also his autobiography The Carnivals of Life and Death is pretty much the most insane thing I’ve ever read. Seriously….
- Greg Bishop